1800 724 407
Sunshades – Not only Affordable, but offer High UV-Ray Protection also!
December 13th, 2014 · Published to Shade Solutions by nicole
Australia is known not only for its stunning beaches and natural sceneries but also for its almost perfect weather all year round. Unlike our western counterparts, we are very lucky not to have harsh winters that typically last for months. In fact, most regions in Australia enjoy more than 300 sunny days every year which allows us to enjoy the outdoors even more. Although we are extremely lucky to live in a beautiful country with amazing weather, we must not forget the importance of sun protection at all times. With temperature reaching up to 40C in some regions, we must seriously consider getting protection from the sun because it can lead to serious diseases.
Did you know that due to direct exposure to the sun, 2 in 3 Australians are diagnosed with skin cancer by the age of 70? Did you also know that our country has one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world and that ever year, around 2,000 Australians die from skin cancer? (Source: www.sunsmart.com.au) Quite scary huh? But with preparation and awareness, you can avoid this from happening to you and to your loved ones. All you need to do is to invest on sunshades that will block up to 99.9% of sun’s harmful UV rays.
Sunshades: Your Options
As the owner of Global Shade, it is my goal to make sure that every Australian is able to enjoy the outdoors without worrying about getting sunburnt or worse, developing skin cancer. For this reason, my company has developed and designed several sunshades to address specific needs and applications. Let me list down your options:
- Shade sails – Shade sails are some of Global Shade’s most sought-after sunshades. Designed to provide the perfect solution for commercial and domestic outdoor weather protection and privacy, our shade sails feature lightweight constructions, flexible design, and high UV protection. These sunshades are perfect for carports, swimming pools, play ground, patio, and even walkways. Shade sails are perfect alternative to fixed frame structures and can be customised to suit client specifications. View product overview.
- Canopies & tension membranes – If you’re looking for a more permanent sunshade structure that can provide you with sun and weather protection all year round, canopies & tension membranes are your best options. Perfect for restaurants, courtyards, patios, car parks, and verandahs, canopies are designed to cover large distances and can be customised using variety of accessory options including heating, PVC blinds, drainage, and electrical. View product overview.
- Awnings – I highly recommend awnings as a sunshade solution for hospitality, residential, and large-scale commercial developments. These sunshades are cost-effective and extremely functional in blocking harmful sunrays. They are stylish, secure, and lightweight. They can also be customised based on your requirements.
- PVC blinds – These are a perfect sunshade solution if you’re trying to enclose a large open space so you can enjoy the outdoors or so you can entertain guests without being bothered with the changing weather condition. These are great for restaurants and even residential applications. View product overview.
- Outdoor umbrellas – One of the most popular sunshade options are outdoor umbrellas. Global Shade umbrellas are made from top-notch materials thus, they are extremely durable but lightweight. View product overview.
There is no reason to risk skin cancer or getting sunburnt when enjoying the outdoors. With Global Shade’s sunshades offering exceptional sun protection, you can enjoy the outdoors all year round. Choose from our shade sails, awnings, canopies & tension membranes, PVC blinds, or umbrellas depending on your budget and your need. Not sure which one will work best for you? Then, call us up and we’ll be more than happy to discuss your requirements. Simply call 02 6670 8300 and we’ll be happy to give you free expert advice.